Please take a little time to reflect upon this blog.
What are two things that you liked about the process and the product of the blog?
How could this assignment be changed for the better?
How could we better use the blog to make better use of the technology (web, computers, etc)?
What other thoughts do you have that may be helpful for your teacher to consider for the next time a blog is used as an assignment?
Please carefully consider this prompt and write a well crafted paragraph or two in response. Please do not reply to your peers this week: your thoughtful response to the above prompt is greatly appreciated.
The blog post have been excellent. I for one have enjoyed posting and responding to others. The topics were in depth and the comments even deeper. The relationship with the topics and the book compelled us not to just read but to analyze and make connections to quotes, history and modern events. The only thigh I would have changed is that this would have started earlier. (Shorter D)
ReplyDeleteThese assignments were very helpful in letting me see how everyone else feels about the book. Being able to comment on their views or opinions made me want to look into different aspects of the book itself. I saw things I never would have realized if it weren’t for the different minds contributing to one topic. Also, being able to give you my personal opinions had me thinking harder about the topic.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I would change about the blogs would be the monotonous topics to write about. I was getting tired of thinking about mind control all the time. Maybe if each week was a different topic rather than just one through the whole book, it’d be more interesting. We’d be thinking about every topic in the book. Overall, I think the blogs are fun and a modern way to see all aspects of a book.
I like the idea of doing a blog to keep up with the topics of this book, but at the same time not everyone took it seriously, and it ended up counting only as a measly homework grade. That is not really worth it to me. I am not sure why I am doing this last comment now if it is just worth a homework grade. If you want to make this more important and get students more involved please at least count this as a quiz grade, and maybe let the blog form itself a bit more, less structure would be more fun and probably encourage more thought and actual participation. I really did not like the mandatory articles we had to read, they did not seem very relevant and I did not enjoy working with them as sources. However, I did like finding my own source and writing about that, as you can see by how much I wrote on my last post.
ReplyDeleteThis blog was informative; since we weren’t able to discuss the book frequently in class, the weekly blogs served as a good substitute. More specifically I enjoyed being able to hold an ongoing conversation about brainwashing and its elements throughout the book. There aren’t many things I would change; everything was doable. In order to get a broader stance on the book and its themes, I would consider rotating, or switching group topics weekly. This would give every reader a chance to look for more than one theme.
ReplyDeleteThe blog was interesting, I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I did read through most comments for each week. To make this better I would say this may need to become one discussion for each idea. One idea and everyone converse about that instead of multiple ideas and maybe a few discuss each.
ReplyDeleteI liked doing the blogs. I felt like it really kept me on track while i was reading the book. It was really interesting seeing how everyone feels about all the different topics and the variety in ideas really surprised me. With that said, a lot of the replies felt really forced. I'm not entirely convinced that our replies to classmates should have been required (maybe extra credit?), because i think a more natural flow in the conversation would alleviate the redundancy in most of the conversation.
ReplyDeleteThe blog was a very good way of keeping us up to date with the reading. It also was a good way for those who were reading to have interesting conversation about a event that took place in the book.I dont see a way the the process could have gone any better , it was simple.This blog was nice and in the future you should keep doing it.
ReplyDelete